Steyer Content is a full-service content agency that uses world-class writing, video, code, and design to create transformative experiences that build trust and grow revenue for our clients. We plan, create and optimize business content that works for today.
We are looking for a technical writer experienced in creating SDKs and code samples for a documentation project with one of our large tech clients. In this role, you will work closely with technical experts to understand system, prototype, or product documentation. You will evaluate, publish and distribute content to the appropriate audiences, making content easily accessible to the people who need it most. You will provide feedback to engineering teams on how systems, prototypes and products can be improved, while following existing standards, guidelines and best practices for documentation.
If you’re the right fit for the role, you have particularly notable skill in communicating well across disciplines, interacting with users ranging from internal partners to external consumers. You can sit with engineering one day and R&D the next, asking good questions, listening deeply, and pulling out/synthesizing the salient information for your documentation. Your writing is clear, approachable, and unassuming, and your code samples are clean and useful. You’re not thrown by the ambiguity inherent in developing new technology, you’re resourceful, and you’re able to ramp up quickly. Ideally, you have experience with virtual/augmented reality, and you may also have game development experience.
- 5+ years of experience creating technical documentation, product documentation, online publishing
- Strong C++ skills (able to read and create code samples)
- Experience with building SDKs and developer facing documentation
- Experience documenting complex systems, leading teams, and establishing style guides, and reviewing/editing others’ writing
- Experience using customer data to improve the customer experience
- Portfolio that shows a practical knowledge of modern content
- Experience with AR/VR technology
- Game development experience
- Voice Technology development experience
Steyer Content provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/technical-writer-17/→