We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our team. The Medicare Support Communication Services area is seeking a highly motivated communications/technical writer to support the Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, and other contracts for our Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) client. Communication Services provides applications development and maintenance support technical writing services, as well internal communication services, such as newsletters and account meeting presentations. This position requires a motivated individual with an expert knowledge of Word and other Microsoft Office products.
· Update the system documentation for the Medicare Part A, Part B and IDR contracts
· Research mainframe programs/systems to document data (e.g., INFOMAN, TSO)
· Develop internal newsletters and presentations (requires grammatical accuracy and design skills)
· Update organizational charts and system flows, using Visio
· Review/format documents being posted on multiple websites for grammar and 508 compliancy
· Work under pressure to meet all contract deliverable dates
· Review documents for 508 compliancy
· Experience as a technical writer
· Expert knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Visio, and other Office Suite products
· Knowledge of Section 508 Compliance
· Remote Workers must prove acceptable broadband internet service.
o The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) defines Broadband as a connection that moves data at a minimum of 25 Megabits per second (Mbps) down and 3 Mbps up. Our client endorses that definition as adequate for our remote workers.
· Candidate must be a US Citizen
· Experience with technical writing in an IT context
· Exposure to Mainframe technologies
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Our client’s Medicare Systems team is a predominately virtual team; there are on-site locations in Plano, Texas and Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. Remote candidates must be located in the continental United States and meet the broadband requirements mentioned above
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/technical-writer-medicare/→