Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch has a contract-to-hire opportunity for a Part-time Technical Writer to join our Federal business line. The professional will review documents to ensure grammar, tense, punctuation, and spelling are correct and make edits as necessary. This role can be virtual from anywhere in the United States. The Part-time role will work 0-19 hours a week with some flexibility but will need to meet deadlines for document review and edits.
- Operates a PC to enter text.
- Performs preliminary review of typed documents, such as the design analysis, studies and reports, and checks content for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style. Editing may be necessary as professional works with the design team.
- Maintains required files of work assignments in electronic storage system (repository).
- Coordinates correction of errors with word processing staff and/or originator.
- May perform light editing as skills progress.
- May assist with reproduction efforts.
- Performs copyediting of more complex documents such as reports, proposals, specifications, quality documents, and contracts (light editing is permitted as skills progress).
- May train co-workers.
- May take on specialty tasks.
- Coordinates reproduction efforts.
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple projects assigned to peers/co-workers to provide requested support.
- May be assigned the task of collecting incoming work and coordinating the typing, copyediting, and correction of documents with word processing and copyediting staff.
- Develops and sets up formats that are not standardized or specific.
- May provide oversight of template electronic filing structure and guidance on where files should be stored.
- May lead editing or writing tasks.
- May provide online instruction.
- May interview applicants and may perform performance reviews of subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Basic MS Word skills
- MS Office Suite familiarity (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Spelling and grammar skills
- Concentration and cognitive skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and reading comprehension
- Communication skills, including verbal and written skills
- Customer focus
- Ethics and values
- Integrity and trust
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Problem-solving ability
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Normal office environment. Extended periods of monitor viewing. Stooping, crouching, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, turning pages, typing, and writing. Work involves sitting for extended periods of time.
ADO: Administrative Services
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/technical-writer-18/→