The Senior Technical Writer will create, edit and maintain high quality edit technical documents for internal and external use. These may include manuals, processes and procedures, technical requirements and design, or other materials as needed. Develop documentation standards and formats in collaboration with team members and management. Responsible for design, editing and upkeep of knowledge management assets.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Develop high-quality documentation is appropriate external and internal stakeholders
- Establish standards and protocols with team members for project documentation.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit internal operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and requirements documents to support new products
- Edit existing content to conform to relevant standards and maximize clarity.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology, standards, and documentation to unify communications.
- Analyse documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature using various resources, including analysis of functional specifications, internal and client feedback, and product development and testing.
- Serve as writing consultant to other business segments as needed.
- Communicate directly with management and the development team regarding document creation and format.
- Plan future content in collaboration with management to maintain consistency and high-quality for future documentation.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communications, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of significant technical, functional, and user facing writing background.
- Proven excellence in creating documents for complex software applications.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Proficient skills in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe, etc.
- A background in the healthcare industry a plus
- Familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Travel: up to 10%
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/sr-technical-writer/→