Title: Senior Federal Proposal Writer /Technical Writer
Clearance: Public Trust 6C or Top Secret
Creative and passionate writer needed to help tell the customer story to federal through innovative and inspired proposal writing. Individual would work closely with customer client managers to understand the client needs and our capability leads to skillfully respond to proposals aligned with our strategy.
- Research, development, planning, and writing of compliant technical material and compelling proposal content for use in proposal development activities.
- Support Capture Managers and Proposal Managers in the planning and development of proposal win themes, and identification of discriminators, benefits, and key features of technical and management solutions on proposals across the entire enterprise.
- Author a variety of proposal sections, including technical approaches, management plans, and other content, and integrate proposal content authored by other writers into cohesive, compliant technical proposals.
- Work with SMEs to prepare original content for proposals and/or review and revise text prepared by experts.
- Analyze RFP requirements and participate in color team reviews.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and work leadership to less experienced Proposals Writers.
- Participate in the continuing quality improvement initiatives.
- Assist and organize the business development team’s initiatives for all new business opportunities from pre-marketing through proposal submission.
- Contribute to corporate proposal development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by analyzing and evaluating proposal best practices.
- Participate in developing and generating strategies, themes, and discriminators for responses.
- Design or suggest graphics for written proposal material.
- Review and edit final text for grammar, tone, style, clarity, and consistency.
- Participates in advancing drafts throughout the writing process.
- Incorporates appropriate comments in collaboration with lead(s), SMEs, and proposal management.
- Supports final proposal production, as required.
- May write, review, and/or edit other corporate documents, as requested.
- Develops, prepares, and/or maintains documentation pertaining to business processes, systems operation, product development and other technical processes.
- Research, reviews, and collects available technical information as basis for documentation.
- Creates new documentation or updates existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product or process.
- Writes and maintains end user documentation or online instructional content.
- Strong understanding of the technical details of the products or processes that are being documented.
- Specialist on complex technical and business matters.
- Highly independent and collaborative position in nature; may assume a team lead role for the work group.
- Function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent decision-making and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Business Administration, or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience writing and editing Federal Government proposals and marketing materials.
- Experience writing reports, briefs, and similar content.
- Knowledge of the Federal Government’s acquisition process.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work on multiple documents under tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must offer reasonable schedule flexibility to meet proposal requirement.
- Lead responses to Federal Government Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposal (RFPs) at the Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and Task Order (TO) level, and other responses at the contract program level, as needed. The candidate works closely with assigned technical staff, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) (employees and consultants), and proposal and executive management.
- Experience using GovWin and FedBizOpps.
- Coordinate proposal efforts and new business development by utilizing standardized organizational best practices to create quality proposal products aimed at achieving corporate business development goals
- Current Public Trust (6C) or DoD Top Secret
- Strong Desktop Publishing and Graphics Support
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/senior-proposal-writer-technical-writer/→