Spatial Informatics Group
Spatial Informatics Group, LLC (SIG) was founded in 1998 and is a group of applied thinkers with expertise in environmental fields ranging from landscape ecology, wildlife ecology, transportation modeling, ecosystem services valuation, natural hazards risk assessment, and forestry to natural resource economics. Our group combines spatial analytics with ecological, social and economic sciences to understand the effects of management and policy choices on the short and long-term stability of ecosystems. We translate data into knowledge that can be used to inform decisions.
Job Description: SIG is searching for a grant writer to support the company’s business development activities across a variety of programs relating to our Natural Hazards, Environmental Mapping and Forest Carbon domains. The successful candidate will have the expertise and experience to manage proposals in the $200,000 to $5,000,000 range. SIG is a digitally native organization with personnel distributed across three continents. Therefore, the position is for remote work only, preferably based in US compatible timezones.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2020. Note the interviews will be on a rolling basis. Applications will be continuously reviewed until a suitable candidate is identified.
Responsibilities. The following list provides a summary of the position’s requirements:
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, and writing drafts
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, and boilerplate.
Requirements. The following list provides a summary of the position’s requirements:
- Minimum of 2-year experience in proposal writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 5 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting.
Terms of employment: The position is recruited on a full time employment basis. In addition, part-time consultancy work may also be considered depending on the experience and availability of the candidate
Applications: Applicants are invited to send a brief cover letter illustrating their suitability along with a curriculum vitae. All correspondence should be addressed to Human Resources office ([email protected]) and include your name in the subject.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/proposal-writer-6/→