We’re an independent marketing agency with big ambitions. We have offices in London, Seattle, Austin, and Singapore. Our clients are large corporations and ambitious start-ups. We provide them with structured campaigns that reach across geographies, scale massively, can be deployed systematically, and are measured relentlessly.
Metia has strategic services designed to support our clients in the areas of Insight, Content, and Demand. These services are based upon deep expertise, proven methodologies, and are enabled by unique tools and systems.
In the past two years we’ve delivered marketing campaigns into almost 90 countries and 40 languages.
Metia is looking for a Freelance Technical/B2B Marketing Writer to join our team.
The successful candidate will primarily craft customer story content. Besides case studies, which are the bulk of the work, we also deliver white papers, video scripts, blog posts, sales slides, and similar marketing collateral. The work will not include video games, SDKs, user guides, or other technical or scientific documentation.
Specific duties include:
- Working with Metia project managers, editors, and other personnel to plan, create, and deliver written materials about Metia clients and their customers and partners, as assigned by Metia.
- Performing background research on our clients and their customers and partners to prepare for interviews and writing content about them.
- Leading interviews with clients, customers, and senior leadership. Interviewees may include people in executive or C-level roles and subject matter experts.
- Writing assigned case studies and other materials according to editorial guidelines and specifications created and maintained by Metia and our clients.
- Making editorial changes and rewrites as assigned by Metia.
- Delivering completed case study packages and other materials in the format assigned by Metia.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven proficiency in business technology writing, particularly for enterprise cloud. Experience in creating thought leadership pieces is a plus. You must be a good storyteller.
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise copy that presents business value propositions and product/service solution information while meeting client goals for messaging and branding.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp complex systems and technologies and clearly explain them to a wide range of audiences, including technical decision makers and business decision makers.
- Strong interviewing and research skills. Must be able to discuss technology that may not be fully understood while conveying adequate knowledge to gather content details. We don’t expect our writers to be subject matter experts, but we do expect them to conduct professional, informed, and productive interviews with subject matter experts.
- Great phone and communications skills. Our writers need to be articulate, confident, and comfortable leading conversations with clients, partners, and customer representatives from a range of disciplines and seniority levels.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on deadline.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software package (Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Candidates need to live in North America or the U.K.
In your response, please include a résumé and relevant samples.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/part-time-freelance-technical-b2b-marketing-writer/→