Do you consider yourself a crafty person? Do you spend more time sewing, drawing, or organizing your craft stash than you do with your family? And do you love writing and blogging?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on.
We’re a media company that runs a number of blogs and we’re looking for expert craft writers who can help us with a new site we are launching – Makers Nook.
The site has not launched yet, but we’ve got big plans to invest in and grow the site quickly.
Whether you’re a hobbyist or consider yourself a pro, we want you to write for us. You’ll be covering a wide range of topics, from needlework to paper crafts.
For the first few months we are focusing on sewing, so you’ll need to know your way around a sewing machine.
So, what’s in it for you? Not only do you get to make money from your passion, but you’ll also be part of a wider team who are driven to grow the site. We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
You’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking to hire a long-term writer who can contribute regularly to our blog.
- You must be a native English writer
- You should be able to contribute a minimum of 3 articles (total 5000 words) per week.
- You should be able to write original, entertaining, informative and actionable content.
- You should HATE fluffy, overwritten content that never gets to the point!
- You should have excellent written communication skills and the ability to work remotely
- You must be familiar using Google Docs
Benefits of writing for us
- Competitive freelance rates.
- Get paid on time every fortnight via Paypal
- Regular, ongoing writing work in an exciting niche
- Flexible deadlines
- Stable work as part of a high performing team
- The option to have full author credit and a bio on our website once you are successfully established
What you’ll write about
Topics will be initially focused on Sewing/Needlecrafts with the opportunity to expand into other craft areas.
- Common types of articles include detailed guides, product reviews & comparisons, lists and tips and answers to common questions,
- Each article will be between 1000 – 4000 words so you’ll be able to sink your teeth into a topic.
- You’ll be assigned topics and provided a detailed brief to follow so that you can focus on writing the most interesting, informative articles possible.
- Proper US spelling and grammar is mandatory
Note we only require our writers to write the content, no web formatting or design is required.
How to apply
Please answer a few simple questions and link to at least 3 samples of similar content you have published in your application.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/freelance-writer-for-craft-website/→