At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launching in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”, but this happens through many channels and experiences—all of which require exceptional content. Content with a strong voice and empathy for our users is crucial for us to deliver on this vision. We need to hold a megaphone to our brand pillars and become best-in-class creators across every channel.
As a Copywriter at Canva, it’s your mission to create content that makes complex things simple and to give ordinary people the ability to make extraordinary things. We place a strong emphasis on the success of our users, and content in all forms has a big impact on that. This could include copy for social advertising, branding campaigns, EDMs, landing pages, UI copy and more.
About the Templates Team
Canva offers a vast collection of customizable templates for various design types, themes and topics. These templates, found on our templates page and on the editor, are professionally designed layouts that feature stunning elements from our massive media library and high-quality copy relevant to each design’s purpose or to user preference.
Template copy refers to the text featured on these customizable layouts. Copywriters are sent the category (design type) and subcategory (theme) for each template request along with the specified text fields and character counts. It is their responsibility to supply the text required following these requirements and Canva’s writing guidelines.
As a Copywriter at Canva you will have the opportunity to work on one of the fastest-growing platforms in the world and all the content that promotes and enriches it.
This is a rare opportunity for copywriters accustomed to working independently and are looking to develop their craft by challenging themselves creatively.
About the candidate
With over 50,000 professionally designed layouts and their corresponding landing pages, our EN Templates page brings in over 200k visits monthly. In line with our mission, we want to increase that by engaging our local audiences through the creation of bespoke templates. We need to ensure that the design templates we produce are of excellent quality and relevant to what people are looking for.
For every template request, we need the high-quality copy to match. Having these copies available makes it easier for our designers to create more templates each week.
As a freelance Copywriter, you will:
- Create unique and well-researched copy relevant to the designated project, category, subcategory or topic, focusing on bespoke social media content, including but not limited to our Canva for Education and MSMEs communities;
- Ensure each output adheres to the specified amount of text fields or character count for each designated project, category, subcategory or topic.
- Adapt to Canva’s friendly and informative tone.
- Consistently meet the required minimum output by the specified deadline.
- Consistently meet the 90% weekly output quality rating.
- Work remotely and report to Canva’s Content Specialists for copywriting projects.
You’ll love this role if:
- You have a good grasp of your local language, in terms of sentence construction, spelling, and grammatical structure. And because less than 50% of our community is English-speaking, you consider your output carefully.
- You are meticulous with details, style, and tone, writing with clarity and empathy to deliver what is needed.
- You are quick with ideas, coming up with original template copies that can catch our user’s eye, but can still match Canva’s voice and brand guidelines.
- You have a good understanding of your culture and the social community, applying those learnings to the copies you produce.
- You have an eye for social trends and the evolving language that comes with them.
- You are able to understand a brief from stakeholders, research accordingly, and convert that brief into excellent template copy to meet the project’s needs.
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your hourly rate
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/freelance-templates-copywriter-indonesia/→