Make.Work.Space. seeks a freelance writer to source original article ideas based on industry news and informed by independent research, in order to create unique, high-quality content for digital media channels.
The writer will work with our team to create, edit, and post content for our e-news, website and blog around themes including hardware startups, design innovation, physical product design, advanced manufacturing ecosystems, biomaterials and advanced sustainable materials, and more.
The ideal candidate has a background with similar content, and is a self-starter, highly collaborative, flexible and accustomed to working in a team environment. This individual should exemplify creativity, strong writing/editing and project management skills.
Project Budget & Duration
- Compensation: $50/hour, up to 25-hours/month
- Project Start-date: ASAP
- Project Duration: Initial 3-mo contract term, ability to extend
- Payment Schedule & Terms:
- Net-15 from date of invoice received
- Invoices should be submitted to MWS on the 1st and 16th of the month for the previous two-week period
Scope of Work
- Write 2-3 news articles and blog posts per month for MWS digital properties
- Meet monthly with MWS team to determine inflection points and priorities
- Pitch news and blog content aligned with MWS inflection points and priorities
- Create monthly editorial calendar
- Source imagery for articles
Candidates should submit a PDF package, including:
- Cover letter outlining previous relevant experience and preferred approach to client engagement
- Relevant writing samples
- (2) Professional References (Name, Email, Phone, Summary of relationship & engagement)
Background & Context
Who we are
Make.Work.Space. is a membership community for the people and companies that are bringing new tangible products and innovations into the world. Our first location is 1.5-blocks from the Fruitvale BART station in Oakland, CA, directly adjacent to Red Bay Coffee, Ale Industries (brewery), Norton Factory Studios (artist studios), food trucks & local eateries.
Who we serve
- Solopreneurs with a hardware and/or ‘physical product’ idea
- Early-stage hardware & ‘physical product’ startups (founders & teams)
- Corporate hardware, engineering, R&D teams (Head of Hardware, etc)
- Advanced material companies
We’ve designed our space with everything needed to design, prototype, fabricate, and bring tangible ideas to market: thoughtfully designed workspaces, industrial-scale machinery and equipment, robust business support services, and an engaged ecosystem.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/make-work-space-contract-freelance-content-writer-hardware-design-innovation-adv-manufacturing/→