Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers remote learning programs in software engineering/web development, data science, data analytics, digital marketing, product management and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Thinkful is revamping our data science and data analytics programs which each aim to be the best remote programs offered today. As part of this effort, we’re looking for a data science/data analytics subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting update. You will be creating the backbone of a new feature within the programs by producing written content in the form of quiz questions that aid thousands of our students as they learn the core skills of data science or data analytics needed to drive their career advancement forward. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it becomes one of the core assets around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content on time that meets both Thinkful spec and standards to support our program revamp roadmap.
- Create daily deliverables consisting of auto graded quiz questions using the existing curriculum and course plans.
- Attend weekly team meetings held over video conferencing with the Instructional Design team and other SME’s working together on the project.
- Remain flexible to assist with creating presentations decks, instructor notes, learning objectives, code assets, lesson plans and student activities as needed.
- Iterate on deliverables based on user feedback
- 4+ years of hands-on Data Science or Data Analytics industry experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in SQL, python programming, Git/GitHub and topics such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Knowledgeable with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Big Data (Spark, Hadoop), Deep Learning/Machine Learning (keras, tensorflow)
- Comfortable collecting, blending, munging, cleaning, and analyzing disparate data sources using tools like Excel, Tableau, and Python
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You’ve got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
At this time we are unable to consider contractors in CA, MA, NJ, WA, OR.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you’re talented and driven, please apply.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/data-science-data-analytics-curriculum-writer/→