Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. Our mission is to help build financial well-being for our users. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $17 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
Prosper is looking for a strong writer to help our Product Design team. You’re a self-starter, team player, and able to quickly adopt our brand tone and style across all of our communications. Your primary role will be to write branded, customer-facing communications across our product experiences.
This is a 6-month contract. As this is a contract assignment, it is not benefits-eligible.
What You Will Do
- Develop content for everything from customer-focused product flows and transactional communications to fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- Write in a clear, conversational style that makes complex financial processes feel clear and approachable.
- Collaborate closely with Design, Product, Marketing, PR, and Customer Success.
- Help apply and maintain consistency within our user experience: Edit, proofread, elevate, and audit all new customer-facing content (press releases, blog posts, transactional emails, phone scripts, etc.).
What You Will Need to Have
- A versatile writing style and strong editing skills.
- 3+ years writing and working with content for web or mobile experiences.
- Experience ideating and designing content for integrated marketing campaigns and new product launches.
- Experience (and love for) partnering with a designer or marketer.
- Strategic thinking ability. You can balance numerous details without losing site of the wider context–including where the company is heading and how the playing field is shifting.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, all while staying organized.
- Focus on data. You love testing content and iterating based on results.
- Enthusiasm for your work and collaborating with a close-knit team.
- Samples of your writing.
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan for benefits-eligible employees, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we’re looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/contract-ux-writer/→