WE WANT YOUR BRAINS… PopCap is on the hunt for bright, talented people with a passion for making the world’s best games. What’s in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, and lots of great perks. It takes big, delicious brains to make award-winning titles like Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, and Peggle. Are you up for the challenge?
PopCap is seeking a Game Writer who can develop and implement narrative content for Plants vs. Zombies 3 while staying true to the voice of the PvZ brand, PopCap’s values and commitment to quality. This position will be responsible for developing and refining storylines for the overarching game narrative as well as for characters.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with the narrative team and lead designer, assist in the development of compelling, engaging, and immersive narrative game experiences.
- Write outlines, story treatments, character guides, world guides, casting documents, and other supporting narrative content.
- Write concise and evocative dialogue in multiple voices.
- Deliver stories, dialog and text on a deadline.
- Contribute to establishing best practices for storytelling in a mobile environment.
- Collaborate with other departments and assist their narrative-focused goals.
- Maintain narrative documentation.
- Listen to feedback from players and react accordingly.
- Write in formal zombie scrawl
- Champion the eating of brainz for a healthy and successful future
- Hatch fiendishly obvious schemes for players to foil
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Exceptional sense of humor, and a flair for conveying it in short, quippy dialogue.
- Experience as a game writer on shipped big-budget titles. Mobile and cartoon writing experience is ideal.
- Strong understanding of story and game development process.
- Creativity – Writers will be expected to contribute to the direction of the game and script.
- Excellent written English skills required.
- Ability to write from a variety of voices and perspectives (different genders, social classes, ages, etc.).
- Willingness to work under direction while maintaining creativity.
- An ability to pun above and beyond dad jokes
- Ability to develop a script to occur in a nonlinear format or take an unpredictable amount of time to complete, independent of side plots
- Organized – need to handle multiple story arcs and their relationships with each other.
- Strong ability to communicate with peers, team and leadership.
- Passionate about modern storytelling in television, film or video games.
- Experience working with Unity and modern software workflow and source control tools (like Perforce and Jira)
- Ability to process and react to feedback from multiple sources. The ability to self-critique and accept outside critique.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
PopCap is the leading global developer and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across mobile, PC, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011. PopCap’s games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and our flagship franchises, Bejeweled and Plants vs. Zombies, have sold more than 80 million units collectively.
This is a 6 month temporary contract position, no relocation assistance, local candidates only. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/contract-game-writer-plants-vs-zombies-3/→